Last Thursday, July 10th, we held the latest in our series of mentoring sessions at Guildhall as part of our Entrepreneur Academe programme. This month we were holding a special session looking at finance, and especially fund-raising. We framed the day with a series of questions, including:
- What are the different types of funding? And what are the pros and cons of each?
- What’s right for your business? When is the right time?
- What do investors look for? How do you approach them?
- How do you value your your business?
- How much equity should you be prepared to give up?
- What does a typical term sheet look like? And what is it for, exactly?
- What do you need to know about SEIS and EIS?
- How do you present and adapt your pitch for the audience?
To guide us through these questions, and many others from our entrepreneurs, we had…
View original post 457 more words